What is Thai Yoga Massage?
Thai Massage Helps You to:
- Improve range of motion
- Decrease aches and pains
- Prepare for labor and delivery
- Improve muscle pliability
- Overall relaxation
- Prepare and recover from sporting events
- Manage chronic pain
Courses & Workshops
In this course, you will learn to apply Thai massage techniques in the supine, prone, side-lying and seated positions. This course will provide advanced techniques and variations for height, size, and injuries.
Prenatal Thai Yoga Massage- 20 Hours
Prenatal Thai Massage is great for reducing muscle pain and stress during pregnancy. Learn to use hands, feet, forearms, and knees to safely apply the techniques in seated, side-lying, and reclined positions. This class is ideal for prenatal massage therapists, Thai bodyworkers, doulas, and prenatal yoga instructors.
Next Class: May 18,19, 20 2018 | 9:00 pm to 6:00 pm Friday and Saturday. 10am to 2pm Sunday
Partner Yoga & Thai Massage- 2 Hours
Students will be guided through a fun partner yoga sequence, and a series of stretching, and movement techniques based on the traditions of Thai Massage. This workshop is friendly for all levels. No previous yoga or massage experience is necessary! Come by yourself or with a friend!
Table Thai Yoga Massage- 16 Hours
This class brings the benefits of Thai Yoga Massage to the massage table. Performing treatments on a massage table is great for those:
-That cannot be on the floor due to injuries or extremely limited mobility
-Ideal for wellness centers with electronic lift tables
This class is open to wellness professionals, including: massage therapists, yoga instructors, movement specialists.
Seated Thai Yoga Massage- 8 Hour
In this course, you will learn to apply Thai massage techniques in seated positions:
floor, chair, and massage chair.
You will also learn variations for height, size, conditions, and injuries. This class is ideal for new and experienced practitioners alike. A workbook is included with the course.
Thai Herbal Compress Massage- 8 Hours
This course explains the properties of common pain relieving herbs. Students will learn to make and use herbal compresses, as well as how to easily incorporate them into a massage therapy session using western and Thai techniques.
Level I Thai Yoga Massage- 16 Hours
In this course, you will learn to apply Thai massage techniques in the supine, prone, and seated positions. This This 16-hour course teaches a 90-120 minute Thai massage routine primarily based in the Northern Thailand style. A brief history, philosophy and traditions will be included in the course. Participants will learn proper alignment and good body mechanics as well as how to safely deliver the stretches and postures. Students will be able to practice on each other in a supportive environment.
No prior massage or yoga experience is necessary.
Book a Thai Massage Session
Learn Reiki Philadelphia
251 N. Second Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
By Appointment Only.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing
- Do not eat less than 60-minutes prior to session
- Arrive 10 minutes early to fill out an intake/consent to treatment form
- If driving, street parking is scarce. The lot near Learn Reiki Philadelphia, Parkominium, is only $15 for the day.
- 60-minutes | 100
- Package of 4 sessions | 359
- Package of 8 sessions | 639
- 90-minutes | 145
- Package of 4 sessions | 539
- Package of 8 sessions | 999
- 120-minutes | 190
- Package of 4 sessions | 720
- Package of 8 sessions |1359
Private and semi-private Thai Massage lessons are available.
- New practitioners that want to hone their skills
- Couples and families that want to learn Thai Massage techniques to use for self-care
Pricing is the same as treatment session rates. Up to three people per tutoring session with no additional cost. Groups of four or more: 120-minute minimum/47.50 per person.
To set up a private or semi-private session, email me at [email protected]. Please include:
- Intention for session (i.e. how to address sciatica)
- Number of people
- Desired dates
E-Gift Cards Now Available
Hear What Others Are Saying...
I’m impressed with her ability to answer technical anatomy questions off the top of her head. She knows her stuff, openly and generously shares all of her insights with her students, and delivers it in a way that is accessible, fun,and therapeutic. Even as a massage client, she offers amazing self-care and self-massage techniques to keep you pain free.
As a teacher, Vanessa is attentive, patient, and thorough. As a colleague she is professional, grounded and very easy to collaborate with. I recommend her to everyone! Carrie Pierce
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Your Cancellation/Refund Policy?
- If we cancel the course:
- You will receive a 100% refund.
- If we need to reschedule the course due to weather or unforeseen circumstances, and you can’t attend the new course dates, you will receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel:
- Ten days before the course: 100% refund
- Five days before the course: 50% refund
- Four days before the course: No refund but can transfer registration to another person.
Are you an approved provider in Florida and New York?
New York: YES! The 4-Day Thai Massage Intensive and the Prenatal Thai Massage Certification are both approved by the NCBTMB for continuing education.
Florida: As of right now, no…but we are working on it!