Anatomy Basics for Yoga Instructors
Improve your knowledge of the human body with internationally-trained massage therapist and yoga instructor, Vanessa Hazzard, BASc, LMT.
Only 10 Spots Left!
September 21 to 22, 2019
1:00 pm to 6:00 pm Each Day
Cost: $199, $185 if you register before June 21, 2019
Learn Reiki Philadelphia
251 N. 2nd St (between Race and Vine) Philadelphia, PA
Book Your Workshop Now Or Scroll Down For More Info
About This Workshop
In this 10-hour workshop, anatomy novices will get to know their bodies from the inside out! Together, we will explore human anatomy in a way that provides practical applications for yoga. Get to know your muscles, bones and connective tissues to gain a greater understanding for how our bodies move on and off the mat.
- Terminology and directional planes
- Types of joints and their respective movements
- Fascia: What it is…What it isn’t…And Why You Should Care.
- Fascia doesn’t actually “release”…and you’ll be glad it doesn’t!
- Skeletal system: Get to know your bones!
- Nervous system: Proprioception and beyond (if you don’t know what proprioception is, you will after class)!
- Muscular system: Explore how we move!
This workshop is designed for:
- Current and aspiring yoga teachers
- Personal trainers
- Thai bodyworkers
No prior massage or yoga experience is necessary. Students must be able to kneel, crawl, and sit on the ground. Please bring a pillow,
What To Expect
Each class includes both yoga practice, movement, and lecture. You’ll have plenty of handouts with space to take notes.
Event Starts In ...
What People Are Saying
About Vanessa Hazzard
Vanessa Hazzard, BASc, LMT is an author, educator, and massage therapist with 14
PA Massage License MSG000869 | NCBTMB Approved Provider 451899-12